Friday, October 30, 2015

I Just Bought A 190 Year Old Dental Practice…That I Now Know Has Ghosts!...So Here’s What I Am Going To Do!...Part 1.

THE HSR, AS A LITTLE SIX YEAR OLD, IS VENTURING OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME ON A TRICK OR TREAT WALK AROUND A NEIGHBORHOOD THAT HE'S NOT FAMILIAR WITH, AND HE'S DRESSED UP LIKE SUPERMAN WITH A RED CAPE AND ALL, AND HE ALSO HAS FAKE BIG MUSCLES ON HIS ARMS AND LEGS, SO HE LOOKS LIKE HE HAS SOME BELIEVABLE STRENGTH ABOUT HIM, AND HE VISITS THE FRONT DOORS OF SEVERAL HOUSES, AND HIS TALLY IN HIS BAG SO FAR IS A COUPLE OF SNICKERS BARS, AN ASSORTMENT OF M&MS PEANUT CANDIES AND SOME SUGARLESS GUM, AND NOW, HSR AND HIS COUSIN AND UNCLE TURN THE CORNER,  AND RIGHT THERE IS A TALL AND LONELY HOUSE ON A CUL-DE-SAC, AND IT HAS LIGHTS AND ALL, BUT IT STILL LOOKS A LITTLE SCARY,

SO THEY WALK UP TO THE GATE AND OPEN IT, AND AT THAT EXACT MOMENT, TWO LARGE DOGS COME RUNNING DOWN THE STREET TOWARD THEM, SO THEY ALL RUN IN THE GATE AND SLAM IT SHUT, MAKING THE DOGS GROWL AND GNASH THEIR LONG SHARP TEETH, AND SLING DOG SPIT AND HOT BREATH ALL OVER THE PLACE, SO AFTER A WHILE, WHEN THE DOGS FIGURE OUT THAT THEY CAN'T GET IN, THEY WALK AWAY A LITTLE, MAKING THE THREE GUYS LET OUT A BIG SIGH OF RELIEF, BUT WHEN THEY TURN AROUND AND LOOK AT THE LARGE HOUSE, A BOLT OF LIGHTENING COMES DOWN FROM THE SKY AND A WOLF MAKES A HOWLING SOUND, AS IF ON CUE, AND THIS PUTS THE THREE BACK ON EDGE REAL QUICK, SO NOW, SOMEONE OPENS THE FRONT DOOR TO THE PLACE, AND IT IS A TALL AND SKINNY BUTLER WHO RESPONDS, "GOOD EVENING TO ALL OF YOU! IT WOULD BE SUPREMELY WONDERFUL IF YOU WOULD JOIN MY MASTER FOR A CUP OF TEA AND CRUMPETS! PLEASE, THIS WAY!," SO WE ALL LOOK AT EACH OTHER AND SLOWLY WALK INTO THE BIG PLACE THAT HAS GOOD LIGHTING, AND WE ALL SEE A LITTLE BOY WHO MUST BE ABOUT SEVEN YEARS OLD PLAYING A PIN BALL MACHINE GAME


 AND HE TURNS AROUND TO US AND GETS EXCITED TO FINALLY HAVE SOME KIDS AROUND THE PLACE, AND HE ASKS US DO WE WANT TO PLAY SOME OF THE GAMES, WHICH THERE ARE A LOT OF, AND WE ALL AGREE TO PLAY SOME, AND AFTER A WHILE, THE KID SAYS, "MY NAME IS NORIGOBERTO ASCALANAZONABONAVICH. I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU CAN ACCOMPANY ME ON MY MISSION." THE HSR, HIS COUSIN, AND HIS UNCLE LOOK AT EACH OTHER, THEN LOOK BACK AT NORIGOBERTO AND ASK, "WELL, MAYBE...WHAT IS THE MISSION?," AND NORIGOBERTO EXPLAINS, "IN THIS CASTLE, THERE ARE A WHOLE BUNCH OF ROOMS, AND EACH HALLOWEEN I MUST BE REAL BRAVE AND WALK INTO A NEW ROOM AND WIN AGAINST ANYTHING I SEE...BUT THERE'S ONE CATCH...I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING ABOUT IT WHEN I WAKE UP THE NEXT MORNING!, SO, IF I WANT TO KEEP THIS CASTLE AND INHERIT THE FAMILY BUSINESSES AND FORTUNES WHEN I GROW UP, EACH HALLOWEEN I MUST DO THIS. YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN MY ONLY VISITORS, AND IT WOULD BE NICE TO SHARE THIS ADVENTURE WITH YOU, HOWEVER, I MUST GO THROUGH THE DOOR NOW...I CAN UNDERSTAND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO"...SO THE HSR PEEKS THROUGH THE CURTAINS IN FRONT AND STILL SEES THE VISICIOUS DOGS BARKING OUTSIDE THE GATE, LIKE THEY ARE EXPECTING SOME FRESH MEAT SOON, WHICH MAKES THE HSR KNOW THAT THERE'S NO ESCAPING AT THIS TIME, SO THE HSR SPEAKS FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY AND SAYS, "WELL, MAYBE THIS ONE TIME...LET'S GO INTO THIS ROOM YOU SPEAK OF AND NOT BE SCARED, AND CONQUER WHAT NEEDS TO BE CONQUERED...BUT, NORIGOBERTO, IS IT GAURANTEED SAFE?"... AND THE BUTLER BUTTS IN AND SAYS, "THERE ARE RISKS IN ALL OF LIFE!"...THEN A LOUD BIG BELL SOUNDS OFF LETTING US KNOW THAT THE TIME HAS COME, SO WE WALK TO THE DOOR



AND NORIGOBERTO LOOKS TO THE HSR AND ASKS HIM, "WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE THE HONOR OF OPENING THE DOOR TO THIS NEXT BIG UNKNOWN ADVENTURE?... AND THE HSR, stop...oh my gosh, stop...you're shivering so much in your boots that your candy is falling out of your bag, and rightly so, because your "I don't believe in ghosts, but if I see one, I'll run fast enough to barge through a wall, almost like a ghost can, but without the damage!" smile is currently hiding under the bed, but with the lights on, of course.

                                                                                                          Back to Love Toothbrush®                          






"To tell you the truth, there are some things that I just don't want to know, or even look at because I'm scared of it!"











It's an old and pretty place...

...with a lot of history...dental and medical history...

...a strong age-defying exterior...

...with all the original dental and medical chairs and equipment, I'm told...

...from the really, really old days...

So, I'm going to look through the place right now...

...I slowly walk across the street to the office...and I see...


I walk to the front gate and...open it


...and approach to almost the middle of the length of the walkway...

...Yikes!...I jump back...Crows scatter in the air!...




And now I calm down and continue my trip...

...all the way up to the reception door...


But before I stand right in front of the door...

...I look down to see if there is a trap door...

...like in some old movies I've seen.

I don't see anything like that...so it's cool...

...now,  I place the skeleton key in the door...





and turn it...with difficulty...

I make a mental note to oil the lock...

Then I push the door slowly open...and it squeaks long and loud like it's an eery song for ghosts...

"More oil there, too!" I tell myself.

I think back to when I spoke to the broker who sold me this house...

The price was so good that I bought it without even seeing it first!

...he said that the owner "was dying" to sell this house...

They snapped at my deal, even after I knocked off $200,000 in my offer!...

So, now I'm standing in the foyer...

...and the front door unexpectedly slams shut behind me with a scary "squeak" and a "boom!"...

I know that my eyes are extra wide open now, as I look around!

...there are beautiful wood appointments all around...



I turn on the lights, and I thought I would see bats flying about...

...but none there...whew!

I walk to my left and see a door with a sign above it that says, "Dental Waiting Room."

I tell myself that if I want  to make things better around here, I am going to first need more lighting!

So, I go to look in the waiting room...



But before I walk into the room, I hear a chair slide a little on the floor in the room...

and immediately after that...

...someone behind me slaps their hand on my shoulder!...



And I scream loudly!...

...like a certified wimp!...

...and almost relieve my self in my pants!...

"Ha ha ha!...I hope I didn't frighten you sir!" someone laughs...





TO BE CONTINUED...






May you have many…is it just me thinking this: some people actually want to be shocked and scared a little about this time of year?...if you really see a ghost would you invite it to have a seat and talk awhile?...things that look stunning in regular light may look quite different under UV and Infrared illumination!…smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your smile's response?