Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Last Secret Baby Tooth! Part 5.

BY ALL MEANS, PLEASE LAY DOWN ON, AND MAKE YOURSELF COMFORTABLE IN, THE OVER-SIZED HAMMOCK, WHILE THE HOSTESS BRINGS MARTINIS AND MARGARITAS, BUT BEWARE OF MAKING THIS REALITY INTO A DREAM, because at that point, your destiny will be out of the control of yourself and the HSR, and your “whistle while you work undisturbed in the airy artist’s loft” smile will be at the mercy of the vicissitudes of your scarily deep subconscious mindscape!



Quick Background: our fearless protagonist must cross a vast space… and get to the Altar quickly with the baby tooth, so it can be crushed in the mortar while lit from the sacred rays of the three suns, but there’s one problem…he can’t fly to it!



I’m standing on the edge of, and looking down into, what seems to be a bottomless cliff. 

In front of me is a big cavern, in the middle of which is the Altar, perched on a tall thin rock.  That’s where I need to go!

But behind me, and approaching fast, and seemingly with a vengeance, are lots of darting hungry and angry bats…with long shiny teeth!

I quickly decide that if I stay on the ledge, I’m old news…

So, I jump off of the cliff, as far as I can out to the Altar, with my back to down below, and I begin swinging my sword… wildly…

…cutting all of the bats that come too close…

But I’m still falling fast into the dark abyss…

I still keep swinging my sword, and there are almost no bats now. Whew!

This is no ordinary sword in my hand. It was made to swing and seems to come alive with delight when it is used for the purpose of protecting the handler.

I’m still falling with wind, but now I notice that when I point the sword down in the direction in which I am falling, it slows my fall!

Now, I’ve stopped falling and I’m suspended, hovering in the air.

The handy sword starts to glow with light so I can finally see around me…

And, immediately, I do not like what I see…

Inside a large hole in the cliff’s wall are the whites of three eyes honed in on me!

This strange being, which starts to make hissing and snorting noises, sticks its head out of its cave and slowly licks it ugly, sharp chops and thinks it’s going to have me for lunch!

…I ready my glowing sword…

The monster tries to go to my left, and I swing my sword to show that I mean business.

Then it tries to go to my right side, where I also meet it with a deadly and defiant swing!

The monster’s head comes further out of the cave, revealing a very long neck.  Its head and extra long neck, slowly arch above me. Then it slowly comes down on the other side of me, and believe me…I’m waiting for it to get close enough to…

It’s either it…or me!

I notice that the monster looks behind me just for a split second.

“THERES ANOTHER ONE BEHIND ME!” I instinctively deduce.

So, without haste, without looking, and with the quick levitating help of my sword, I nimbly jump up higher to escape the oncoming bite of the second monster (which looks just like the first).

Guess what! The second monster, that thought it could just sneak up on me like that, now reaches out to kill me with one giant chomp, but since I raised up, it followed me up, but went past me…

…and bit the long neck of the first creature!

Yes, a big help to me, but not to the first long-necked monster! It madly reacts and exacts revenge and leads with its teeth to bite the second creature…

They both end up biting and locking on to each other’s mouths!  I do some quick work and sever both of their necks, which fall, heads and all, down below, to who knows where!

But now, what remains of the cut long necks of both monsters coming out of the wall, start to writhe and flail around wildly, almost knocking me over, and banging into the walls.

Now the walls break loose with plenty of watery liquid shooting out. I point my sword up, and dutifully, I am lifted, to get out of the way of the strong sprays, coming from all sides by this time.

“Great!” I thought. “Now, I’ll just ride the water back up to the Altar and finish what I came for!”

But now, the cavern is filling up too fast with rising, sloshing waves of water…

…and something that looks like the Loch Ness Monster on steroids, leaps up out of  the water, with its teethy jaws wide open, and in my direction, and…



TO BE CONTINUED…



May you have many…please, excuse me, I don’t mean to be rude, or not pay attention to you, or anything like that, but, you see, I have to check to see if this sword is really going to save my life!…frozen ice cream is so nice during high noon on the scalding-hot desert…the sun rays coming in through the window blinds carry a secret message that I must decipher, if I am to save anything…smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your smile's response?