Saturday, September 12, 2015

Hey, Man!...Why’d You Get Socked In The Mouth? Part 1.

AS HSR GAZES OUT OF THE PANORAMIC OFFICE WINDOW…HE TAKES A DEEP BREATH…AND LOOKS OUT FAR INTO THE DISTANCE…AND SEES A STUNNING SEA…WITH CLOUDS COLORIFICALLY AT PLAY…AND HE STARTS TO IMAGINE…SOMETHING…THAT HE HASN’T THOUGHT OF BEFORE…YOU KNOW…BREAK NEW MENTAL GROUND…AND AS HE CONSCIOUSLY EXHALES…AND KEEPS TRACK OF EVERY MICROMOMENT OF THIS BEAUTIFUL VISUAL AND HIGH-ALTITUDE EXPERIENCE…IN A NICELY AIR CONDITIONED… ARCHITECTURALLY-JAZZY-LOOKING BUILDING…ON THE 62ND FLOOR…AND TO THE LEFT...HE SEES A GROUP OF GRAY CLOUDS RELEASING DARK RAIN ONTO THE SURFACE OF THE OCEAN...AND WITNESSING THIS SEA-TO-CLOUD-TO-RAIN-TO-SEA-AGAIN CYCLE...LEAVES THE HSR WITH BUT ONE OPTION...TO SAY..."WOW, MAN!," ...THEN...BEFORE HE LOOKS TO THE RIGHT OF THIS PANORAMA...HE SAYS TO HIMSELF..."I'M TAKING A SEAT AND I'MA ENJOY THIS!...okay...so you like to be where the sky...sand...and sea meet...well...so do I...but my "all I want to do is totally experience the cascading coolness of this icy cold lemonade...and not think about anything else right now" smile wants to turn the game back on TV...which is against our biggest rival!
                                                                                                        Back to Love Toothbrush®                                     






“Trees don’t need to be told how to grow, they just need water…they’ll do the rest, just fine, by themselves, thank you!”  






As I open the front door to my dental office Saturday morning.…

…Robert, one of my young adult patients walks up fast to me…

 …and asks, “Hey Doc! You gotta see me now! I lost my front teeth!”

He holds out his opened hand, and there are three whole upper front teeth, roots and all, with a small pool of blood on them.

“Wow, Man!...I’m not going to ask how it happened…but let’s see if we can stick them back in after I soak them in this stuff!” I respond, as I finish unlocking the door.

As I push open the door, Robert nervously looks down the street, and sees a car that’s suspicious to him way down the street turning the corner, and he says, “Doc, I can’t stay here now, I gotta shake these guys offa me, then I’ll be back. Here, take these and soak ‘um in that stuff you talked about!

He slaps me five, and in my hand now are the three teeth, bloody clots and all.

“Gotta go!”  Robert declares as he tears out of there, like he’s running for his life!

I shut the door and peek out of a small opening, and in a couple of seconds, I see the car he was talking about, a savage-looking new BMW, slowly creep past the front of my office and on down the street…


Then I hear the car burn rubber on the street as it turns the corner!...

“I hope Robert isn’t hanging with the wrong crowd…but maybe he is…I just hope he’ll make it…I’ve know him since he was a smiley-faced kid!

I walk into one of the treatment rooms and get out a fresh bottle of that root revitalization fluid, break the seal and drop the teeth in there without washing off the blood, per package instructions.

I twist the top back on to the bottle and set it aside.

“If Robert comes back in about 30 minutes or less, these teeth will be ready to pop back in and splint!” I think.

Waiting for a while, as the other dental staff members come in to work for the day, I am hoping to see Robert to fix him up.

I have one of his elementary school pictures that he brought to me, up on the picture wall.

He’s a cutie pie in the picture, with big bright eyes.

But Robert doesn’t return…





TO BE CONTINUED…









May you have many…don’t play video games all day—they just might steal your precious time of life in an evil and greedy way…there’s absolutely no way that we can visit and camp over three days in the wilderness, even with  only a few modern amenities, without leaving a significant carbon footprint!...no, the BMW didn't eat him!--wait a minute, is that a short red and  blue toothpick in the mouth?…smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your smile's response?